HOT NEWS ...
- HIGH COURT - Reservation in promotion has been set aside
- Official Tour in Private Airlines - Powers for relaxation delegated to Ministry: No General/blanket relaxation required from MoCA Read more: http://www.staffnews.in/#ixzz4BYBwVcYh Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike Follow us: @StaffNews_In on Twitter | cgenews on Facebook
- GUIDELINE REGARDING NIGHT DUTY ALLOWANCE
- 7th Pay Commission: Will GST roll out further delay allowances for central government employees? - Business Today
- DPPI 2013 Amendment: New Life Certificate for defence pensioners/family pensioners & New Toll Free No. 1800-180-5325
- GOOD NEWS -NEW Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2016
- KNOW ABOUT - Government servant under NPS to have more investment options
- STATION MASTER NEWS: AISMA KA MEETING KAL
Friday, 8 July 2016
Recovery of excess payments made to pensioners
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
The Chairman/chief Executive Officer
All Agency Banks
Recovery of excess payments made to pensioners
We have been receiving complaints from pensioners stating that the recovery of excess/wrong pension payments are being made in a manner that is not in keeping with the extant guidelines. In this connection, the instructions contained in circular Nos. CO.DGBA (NBS) No.44/GA.64 (11-CVL) 90/91 dated April 18, 1991 and CO.DGBA (NBS) No.50/GA.64 (11-CVL) 90/91 dated may 6, 1991 laying down a uniform procedure in consultation with the controller General of accounts and various non- civil ministries for recovery are reiterated below:
a) As soon as the excess/wrong payment made to a pensioner comes to the notice of the paying branch, the branch should adjust the same against the amount standing to the credit of the pensioner’s account to the extent possible including lumpsum arrears payment.
b) If the entire amount of over payment cannot be adjusted form the account, the pensioner may be asked to pay forthwith the balance amount of over payment.
c) In case the pensioner expresses his inability to pay the amount,the same may be adjusted from the future pension payments to be made to the pensioners. For recovering the over-payment made to pensioner from his future pension payment in instalments 1/3rd of net (Pension + relief) payable each month may be recovered unless the pensioner concerned gives consent in writing to pay a higher installment amount.
d) If the over payment cannot be recovered from the pensioner due to his death or discontinuance of pensioon then action has to be taken as per the letter of undertaking given by the pensioner under the scheme.
e) The pensioner may also be advised about the details of overpayment/wrong payment and mode of its recovery.
The above uniform procedure may be strictly adhered to while effecting recovery of excess/wrong pension payments made to pensioners.
2. As regards the issue of refund of excess/wrong payments to the government, banks may be guided by the guidelines laid down in our circulars Nos. DGBA.GAD.H-10450/45.03.001/2008-09 dated June 1, 2009 and DGBA.GAD.H.4054/45.03.001/2014-15 dated March 13,2015 which have been incorporated in our master circular on disbursement of government pension by agency banks dated july 1, 2015.
Deputy General Manager
7th Pay Commission News Center
RAIL NEWS CENTER
STATION MASTERS NEWS
7th pay commission (147) AICPIN (8) Budget (1) CAT Decision (3) CBI (3) CBI Case (14) CCS (Conduct) Rules (1) Central Administrative Tribunal (2) Children Education Allowance (5) Circulars - DOPT (67) Circulars - Govt of India (47) Circulars - Pensioners (3) Court Order (5) D & A RULE (3) Dearness allowance (30) DOPT (27) Employee - Airline (4) Employee - BSNL (10) Employee - CGHS (5) Employee - Education (7) Employee - Electricity (1) Employee - Judicial (3) Employee - LIC (1) Employee - Ministry of Personnel (9) Employee - MP & MLA (4) Employee - Police Service (39) Employee - Port and Dock (1) EMPLOYEE JOKE (1) Employee News (22) Employee News - Bank (16) Employee News - Bhel (2) Employee News - Central Govt. (256) Employee News - Central Information Commission (4) Employee News - Defence (74) Employee News - General (325) Employee News - Govt. Employee (58) Employee News - Himachal Pradesh (4) Employee News - Pensioners (68) Employee News - Postal Dep (14) Employee News - Private Company (43) Employee News - Railway (106) Employee News - Station Master (2) Employee News -Govt. Employee (601) Exam Result (1) General Information (124) Govt. Employee - General (968) Health (3) Income Tax (36) JBP DIVISION - OPTG (10) Know About (3) MACP (6) News - General (92) News - Job - Career (51) NPS (7) OROP (13) Pay Fixation (2) PIB (3) PLB(Bonus) (22) Promotion / Posting/ Transfer (23) Public Provident Fund (16) Question Bank (1) Reservation (12) RTI (7) SCAM (19) STA (1) State - Arunachal (2) State - Delhi (16) State - Gujarat (2) State - Rajasthan (1) State - Telagana (1) State Gov - Andhra Pardesh (3) State Gov - Chhatisgarh (1) State Gov - General (118) State Gov - Haryana (16) State Gov - Jammu & Kashmir (6) State Gov - M. P. (8) State Gov - Maharashtra (6) State Gov - Odisha (6) State Gov - Puducherry (1) State Gov - Punjab (8) State Gov - Rajasthan (9) State Gov - Tamil Nadu (1) State Gov - UP (12) State Gov - Uttarakhand (3) State Gov - West Bengal (15) State Gov. - Bihar (3) State Gov. - Jharkhand (2) State Govt - Himachal Pradesh. (4) State Govt - Karnataka (2) State Govt - Kerala (1) State Govt - Tamil Nadu (5) Trade Union (15) World Employee (14)