HOT NEWS ...
- HIGH COURT - Reservation in promotion has been set aside
- Official Tour in Private Airlines - Powers for relaxation delegated to Ministry: No General/blanket relaxation required from MoCA Read more: http://www.staffnews.in/#ixzz4BYBwVcYh Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike Follow us: @StaffNews_In on Twitter | cgenews on Facebook
- GUIDELINE REGARDING NIGHT DUTY ALLOWANCE
- 7th Pay Commission: Will GST roll out further delay allowances for central government employees? - Business Today
- DPPI 2013 Amendment: New Life Certificate for defence pensioners/family pensioners & New Toll Free No. 1800-180-5325
- GOOD NEWS -NEW Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2016
- KNOW ABOUT - Government servant under NPS to have more investment options
- STATION MASTER NEWS: AISMA KA MEETING KAL
Monday, 27 June 2016
Holidays to be observed in Central Government offices during year 2017 - Dopt Orders
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 24th June. 2016
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government offices during year 2017- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure —I to this O.M. will be observed in the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/New Delhi during the year 2017. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself / herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list or Restricted Holidays in Annexure — II.
2.Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3. below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DIWALI IDEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FITR
11. IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR JAYANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2 , three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to Central Government offices within the concerned State shan be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as indicate.
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI IVAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI VINAYAK CHATURTEA
7. MAKAR SAKARANTI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAML / BASANT PANCH.AMI
12. VISHU/ VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BKHU / MASHADI UGADI / CENTRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND / GUDL PADAVA 1st NAVRATRA /NAURAJ/CHHATH POOJA/KARVA CHAVTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially declared subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festivals falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi / New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committees at the State Capitals are authorised to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I .B /T.V. /A.I.R. / Newspapers and the Heads of Department / Offices of the Central Government may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. During 2017, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Thursday , October 19, 2017 (Ashvina 28). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Narakachaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on- “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) for the Central Government Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. Central Government Organisations which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays / occasions may be determined by such establishments / organisations themselves for the year 2017, subject to para 3.2 above.
8. Union Territory Administrations shall decide the list of holidays in terms of Instructions issued in this regard by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
9. In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s O.M. No.12/5/2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 11(Eleven) holidays of their own only after including in the list, three National Holidays and Mahavir Jayanti, Id-ulZuha (Bakrid), Vijay Dashmi, Muharram, Guru Nanak Birthday and Miladun-Nabi(Id-e-Milad (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad) included in the list of compulsory holidays and falling on day of weekly off.
10. In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary (JCA)
Encl.: Lists of holidays
SOURCE - 90 Paisa
7th Pay Commission News Center
RAIL NEWS CENTER
STATION MASTERS NEWS
7th pay commission (147) AICPIN (8) Budget (1) CAT Decision (3) CBI (3) CBI Case (14) CCS (Conduct) Rules (1) Central Administrative Tribunal (2) Children Education Allowance (5) Circulars - DOPT (67) Circulars - Govt of India (47) Circulars - Pensioners (3) Court Order (5) D & A RULE (3) Dearness allowance (30) DOPT (27) Employee - Airline (4) Employee - BSNL (10) Employee - CGHS (5) Employee - Education (7) Employee - Electricity (1) Employee - Judicial (3) Employee - LIC (1) Employee - Ministry of Personnel (9) Employee - MP & MLA (4) Employee - Police Service (39) Employee - Port and Dock (1) EMPLOYEE JOKE (1) Employee News (22) Employee News - Bank (16) Employee News - Bhel (2) Employee News - Central Govt. (256) Employee News - Central Information Commission (4) Employee News - Defence (74) Employee News - General (325) Employee News - Govt. Employee (58) Employee News - Himachal Pradesh (4) Employee News - Pensioners (68) Employee News - Postal Dep (14) Employee News - Private Company (43) Employee News - Railway (106) Employee News - Station Master (2) Employee News -Govt. Employee (601) Exam Result (1) General Information (124) Govt. Employee - General (968) Health (3) Income Tax (36) JBP DIVISION - OPTG (10) Know About (3) MACP (6) News - General (92) News - Job - Career (51) NPS (7) OROP (13) Pay Fixation (2) PIB (3) PLB(Bonus) (22) Promotion / Posting/ Transfer (23) Public Provident Fund (16) Question Bank (1) Reservation (12) RTI (7) SCAM (19) STA (1) State - Arunachal (2) State - Delhi (16) State - Gujarat (2) State - Rajasthan (1) State - Telagana (1) State Gov - Andhra Pardesh (3) State Gov - Chhatisgarh (1) State Gov - General (118) State Gov - Haryana (16) State Gov - Jammu & Kashmir (6) State Gov - M. P. (8) State Gov - Maharashtra (6) State Gov - Odisha (6) State Gov - Puducherry (1) State Gov - Punjab (8) State Gov - Rajasthan (9) State Gov - Tamil Nadu (1) State Gov - UP (12) State Gov - Uttarakhand (3) State Gov - West Bengal (15) State Gov. - Bihar (3) State Gov. - Jharkhand (2) State Govt - Himachal Pradesh. (4) State Govt - Karnataka (2) State Govt - Kerala (1) State Govt - Tamil Nadu (5) Trade Union (15) World Employee (14)